Jonathan Brown is a forensic accountant, with 19 years' experience of undertaking multi-jurisdictional investigations into fraud or corruption and assisting clients with commercial disputes. Based in London, he leads the Forensic practice for Europe & Africa, comprising investigations, disputes and forensic technology.
- Applying Technology Solutions
- Forensic Data Analytics
Jonathan Brown is a forensic accountant, with 19 years' experience of undertaking multi-jurisdictional investigations into fraud or corruption and assisting clients with commercial disputes. Based in London, he leads the Forensic practice for Europe & Africa, comprising investigations, disputes and forensic technology. He has delivered large, complex projects across multiple sectors, including media, construction, utilities, telecoms, defence, oil & gas and retail.
Jonathan’s work is typically cross-border in nature and he has led engagements for multi-national companies and global law firms across Europe, Russia, the Middle East, Africa and South America. He regularly undertakes forensic due-diligence exercises for clients, typically prior to investment in a new business or on entry into a new market, to identify corruption and fraud risk.
Some examples of Jonathan’s work include:
- A 3 year investigation for the SFO into alleged overseas corruption in the Middle East by a UK defence company.
- Acting for a US bank to investigate false accounting leading to a loss in excess of £100m.
- Leading a forensic exercise to ascertain the point of insolvency of a global telecoms group, with turnover of up to £12billion.
- Investigating fraud, bribery and conflicts of interest within the Russian subsidiary of a FTSE 100 client .
- Investigating bribery and sanctions breaches on behalf of a major global corporate following their purchase of a Middle Eastern group.
Jonathan has ten years of professional services experience and has also worked for regulators. As a JIEB qualified Insolvency Practitioner, he is well positioned to deal with issues of concerns relating to financial distress and has undertaken many investigations on behalf of banks, creditors or government agencies to establish the solvency point of entities in order to consider potential wrongful trading or misconduct.