John Escobar is a Senior Consultant for Control Risk’s’ Crisis and Security Consulting team in the Andean region. John provides a range of security consulting and services to help clients assess and manage critical operational and security risks in Colombia, and throughout Spanish-speaking South America.
- High Risk Protective Security
- Scenario-based Training & Exercises
- Security Consulting & Planning
John Escobar is a Senior Consultant for Control Risk’s’ Crisis and Security Consulting team in the Andean region. John provides a range of security consulting and services to help clients assess and manage critical operational and security risks in Colombia and throughout Spanish-speaking South America.
John’s recent projects include:
- Improvements to the risk-based security mitigation structure along with guidance and support for the restructure of the Protection Department of a client with a mining operation in a hostile region in Colombia
- Training of executives from a port and cargo inland services provider based in the EU, for safe operation in hostile environments
- Managing executive protection services for executives travelling for business into Venezuela, guaranteeing their security through a vetted provider and assessing the situation on the ground
Before joining Control Risks, John worked as the Country Security Manager for SONY Electronics in Colombia, and previously managed field operations in some of Colombia’s most complex areas in his capacity as Security Director for Gran Tierra Energy. He also served as a security adviser to the U.A.E. government.
John is a civil and construction engineer from the Army Engineering School, and has postgraduate studies in command and staff, human rights preservation and construction work management. John is also trained in explosive ordnance disposal and for four years, as the Military Engineer School main instructor, he taught principles and safety regulations for the use of explosives in open areas, under the Colombian government regulatory framework. He is fluent in English and Spanish.