James Lythe is an Associate Director within Control Risks’ Crisis & Security Consulting Department (Europe and Africa). James works with clients to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of crisis management teams, working across a variety of sectors.
- Crisis Management & Business Continuity Strategy Planning
- Dispute Advisory
- Scenario-based Training & Exercises
James Lythe is an Associate Director within Control Risks’ Crisis & Security Consulting Department (Europe and Africa). James works with clients to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of crisis management teams, working across a variety of sectors. During his time at Control Risks James has delivered projects in over 30 countries across Europe, Africa, the Middle East and the Americas.
James recent consulting experience includes:
- Aligning the corporate strategic crisis response structures and plans of an international petrochemical company through plan development and a progressive training programme
- Reviewing plans and delivering a crisis management training programme for a global construction management company, in Spanish
- Delivering crisis management training for the Volvo Ocean Race
Before joining Control Risks, James spent seven years as an officer in the British Army. He joined the Irish Guards and served in Northern Ireland and Kosovo and was selected for attachment to the Spanish Army. James has previously worked as an Operations Manager and Head of Resilience at independent consultancy Systems Consultants Services Ltd (SCS).
James holds a Masters in Business Administration (MBA) from Cranfield School of Management, a combined honours degree from Exeter University and has recently been awarded diplomas in crisis communications (with distinction) and business continuity (DBCI). James is a member of the Chartered Institute of Public Relations (MCIPR) and has provided comment on crisis management and business continuity issues on television and radio news including BBC and Bloomberg. James speaks fluent Spanish and advanced French.
The Global Insight