Giulia manages a team of analysts focusing on international business issues, including transnational terrorism, geopolitics, sanctions, corruption and human rights risks. She has extensive experience in advising clients on political, security and integrity risks.
- Political & Economic Analysis & Forecasting
- On-line Global Security Risk Monitoring & Analysis
- Country Profiling & Benchmarking
Giulia manages a team of analysts focusing on international business issues, including transnational terrorism, geopolitics, sanctions, corruption and human rights risks. She has extensive experience in advising clients on political, security and integrity risks. She was previously a Senior Consultant in Control Risks’ Global Risk Analysis team, based in Singapore. During her time in Singapore, Giulia was responsible for all analysis of political, security, regulatory, integrity and operational developments in Asia-Pacific, with a focus on Myanmar and Malaysia.
Examples of recent engagements include:
- An assessment of Islamic State’s intent and capability to launch attacks in Europe and North America following the collapse of the territory it controlled in Syria and Iraq in 2017, including analysis of its online propaganda and social media strategy during this period.
- A global sanctions risk assessment and monitoring solution for a multinational in the chemical sector, to better understand its current and future exposure to international sanctions regimes, and to prioritise and strengthen its global compliance activities.
- A bespoke monitoring and analysis solution for an international flag carrier, to better understand the overflight risks to its aircraft, passengers and crew along identified routes, and allow changes to be made during the flight programming and planning process.
- A detailed corruption risk assessment of Myanmar’s oil and gas sector on the corruption risks the client would face through the project lifecycle, to support internal planning and the management of potential risks presented by the complex and rapidly evolving business environment.
Prior to joining Control Risks, Giulia was a Senior Asia-Pacific Analyst at Maplecroft, a UK-based global risk and investment advisory company, providing risk assessments to commercial subscribers and producing bespoke reports and consulting projects for clients in the extractive, financial, retail, pharmaceutical, agricultural and telecommunication sectors. She has also conducted research for the Centre for the Study of Terrorism and Political Violence (CSTPV) at the University of St Andrews.
Giulia holds a Master’s degree in International Security Studies from the University of St Andrews, and an undergraduate degree in Political Communication Studies from LUISS University in Rome. She also studied in Beijing and Hong Kong during her high school and university years.
Giulia is a native speaker of Italian and speaks conversational Mandarin Chinese.