The Global Insight
Francisco García is an Associate Analyst based in Mexico City. With a background in corruption and security studies, Francisco conducts analyses of organized crime and political stability-related trends in Mexico, Central America, and the Caribbean.
- Corruption Risk Assessment & Analysis
- Country Profiling & Benchmarking
- Political & Economic Analysis & Forecasting
Francisco García is an Associate Analyst based in Mexico City. With a background in corruption and security studies, Francisco conducts analyses of organized crime and political stability-related trends in Mexico, Central America, and the Caribbean. He is a regular contributor to Control Risks’ CORE and +Political online service and has conducted on-the-ground analysis for a variety of multinational clients.
Highlights of Francisco’s recent work include:
- Delivering on-the-ground analysis on the security and political environments of cities on Mexico’s Gulf Coast for a foreign-owned pension fund seeking to expand its investment portfolio in the region.
- Producing regular reports on regulatory developments related to the mining and energy sectors in Mexico and the Dominican Republic.
- Delivering daily reports on developments related to protests movements and bouts of civil unrest in Honduras, Costa Rica and Puerto Rico.
- Offering commentary on political and operational trends in Central America and the Caribbean for major national and international media outlets.
Prior to joining Control Risks, Francisco worked as a lecturer in international relations, Mexican politics, and 20th century history at the Mexico City campus of the Monterrey Institute of Technology and Higher Education (ITESM). He previously worked as a researcher at ITESM’s School of Government and Public Transformation and at Mexico’s supreme audit institution, where he focused on corruption and its related regulatory developments across Latin America.
Francisco holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in international relations and a Master of Arts in public policy, both from ITESM. He is a native Spanish speaker, fluent in English, and has co-authored academic publications in both languages.
The Global Insight