Daniel is a Director with Control Risks’ business intelligence practice for Southeast Asia. He has over a decade of experience advising clients on managing reputational, operational, and political risks across Southeast Asia.
- Asia Pacific
- Business Intelligence
- Market Entry Assessment
- Government Affairs Advisory
Daniel is a Director with Control Risks’ business intelligence practice for Southeast Asia. He has over a decade of experience advising clients on managing reputational, operational, and political risks across Southeast Asia
His engagements have focused on financial services, FMCG, extractives, and telecommunications, media and technology sectors.
Recent assignments that Daniel has led include:
- Benchmarking assessment of Indonesian conglomerates on behalf of a sovereign wealth fund, focusing on analysis of governance standards, political connections, and partnership record, among other commercial criteria
- Dispute resolution support in Indonesia for a multinational fashion company into alleged intellectual property theft, which included intelligence gathering to inform the client’s settlement strategy
- Crisis management support in Myanmar related to a potential indiscretion of a multinational company’s local partner, focusing on intelligence gathering into the alleged indiscretion and analysis of the stakeholder landscape
- Market entry support for a multinational telecommunications operator seeking a greenfield investment in the Philippines, including analyses of the tender process, competitive landscape, and political risks
Prior to joining Control Risks he worked with a Southeast Asia-focused government relations firm, where he oversaw the company’s operations and helped clients from a range of sectors further their interests by developing strategies to manage stakeholders and shape policy environments. Before that, Daniel headed the Asia practice of a global business intelligence firm, where he managed complex investigations and advised clients on market entry strategies, tender processes, political risk, and due diligence programs across the Asia Pacific region.