Dan Rizzolo is a Principal in Control Risks’ Compliance, Forensics & Intelligence practice, based in Chicago, Illinois. He is an attorney who has spent over 30 years consulting on computer forensic investigations, complex e-discovery, data analysis, expert testimony matters, compliance, and information technology services.
- Cross-border Discovery Consulting & Assistance
- Expert Witness Testimony
- Specialised Data Processing and Review
Dan Rizzolo is a Principal in Control Risks’ Compliance, Forensics & Intelligence practice, based in Chicago, Illinois. He is an attorney who has spent over 30 years consulting on computer forensic investigations, complex e-discovery, data analysis, expert testimony matters, compliance, and information technology services. His experience includes large and complex legal data exercises globally relating to large bank failures, healthcare-related litigation, the Bernard Madoff fraud investigation, tobacco litigation, accounting investigations and high profile criminal actions. He has led data and computer forensic teams responding to SEC, DOJ and OIG investigations.
Recent representative engagements include:
- Directed a data analytics team to reconstitute the mortgage and financial records of a failed financial institution in support of an accounting expert assessing damages in the largest banking fraud in U.S. history.
- Served as both a fact and expert witness on electronic discovery and computer forensics matters in a theft of trade secrets matter in Louisiana state court.
- Managed the forensic preservation and collection of a healthcare exchange for a State Government. The system consisted of hundreds of servers in a highly virtualized and customized environment.
- Directed a multi-disciplinary team in the collection, extraction, review, and production of structured data records for a national real estate developer complying with a governmental subpoena.
- Served as an expert consultant for the U.S. and foreign member firms of a Big Four public accounting firm on multiple, high-risk discovery engagements..
Before joining Control Risks, Dan co-founded Esicon Consulting, and held senior management and consulting positions with OmniVere, Navigant Consulting, Bowne & Company, and Arthur Andersen. He also clerked for the United States Department of Justice Organized Crime Strike Force in Philadelphia.
Dan received a J.D. from Villanova University School of Law and a B.A. in English and Rhetoric from the University of Illinois. He is also an adjunct professor of e-discovery law at the Loyola University of Chicago School of Law, and publishes and speaks on topics related to electronic discovery, computer forensics, cyber security, and information technology.