Bhakti Kanabar is based in our Mumbai office, focusing on assignments that involve complex investigative procedures and litigation support.
Some of Bhakti’s projects have included:
- Managing a sensitive investigation of conflict of interest and quid pro quo pertaining to a senior executive of a large private bank in India.
- Managing multiple assignments for dispute support to the law firms including review of accounting records, supporting documentation and review of electronic data.
- Multiple investigations based on whistle-blower allegations including employee misconduct, front-running, potential conflict of interest, and collusion between employees and third parties.
- Multiple accounting fraud investigations and forensic audits, where the reports were ultimately shared with the Regulators or Company Law Board. These assignments included review of accounting records, data analytics and transaction testing.
- Several engagements related to Anti-Bribery and Corruption risks, including FCPA investigations, FCPA due diligence, and third-party risk-assessments for UKBA compliance.
Bhakti previously worked in two of the "Big-Four" professional services firms where she was part of their forensics practices, and also worked in the financial crime area for a year with the UK practice. Bhakti has extensive experience in the banking and financial services sector and has also worked across other industries including real estate, manufacturing, pharmaceuticals, FMCGs, technology, ports and infrastructure.
Bhakti has a Master’s degree in Commerce from University of Mumbai and is also a Chartered Accountant (Institute of Chartered Accountants of India) with an All India 50th Rank (Nov 2011). Bhakti speaks fluent English, Hindi, Marathi and Gujarati.