Based in Washington, DC, Armand Gadoury leads Control Risks’ Security Incident Response (SIR) program in the Americas region. In this capacity, Armand is responsible for program growth as well as overseeing Control Risks’ insured response to a wide range of security and integrity risks, requiring the short-notice, global deployment of multi-disciplinary solution teams comprised of Control Risks.
- Kidnap Extortion & Complex Incident Training
- Kidnap Incident Management Training
- Crisis Management & Business Continuity Strategy Planning
Based in Washington, DC, Armand Gadoury leads Control Risks’ Security Incident Response (SIR) program in the Americas region. In this capacity, Armand is responsible for program growth as well as overseeing Control Risks’ insured response to a wide range of security and integrity risks, requiring the short-notice, global deployment of multi-disciplinary solution teams comprised of Control Risks. Armand also supports Control Risks' confidential Response division as a referent, providing expertise and guidance to help clients manage incidents of kidnap-for-ransom (KFR) and extortion.
Examples of Armand's work include:
- In response to dozens of activations during one calendar year, Armand comprised and led multi-disciplinary ‘solution teams’ from Control Risks to respond to clients experiencing a range of incidents as diverse as cyber compromise, direct threats from extremist groups, extortive threats, workplace violence incidents, internal fraud and embezzlement, bribery demands, and criminal facilitation involving theft of high-value assets
- Armand has led hundreds of engagements involving the development and delivery of programs, policies and training to provide client senior leadership teams with the skills required to manage incidents of kidnap-for-ransom and extortion. Clients included Fortune 500 corporations to smaller businesses, non-profit organizations and high net-worth individuals and families. Armand served as the primary facilitator and instructor for all of Control Risks’ kidnap-for-ransom incident management workshops delivered to clients in North America.
- Led the response to a Fortune 500 company that activated Control Risks through its SIR insurance policy based on suspected criminal facilitation by an employee in Mexico. Led the investigation to identify perpetrators, gather evidence and perform site-security reviews to help the client mitigate the risk of future incidents.
Prior to joining Control Risks, Armand led crisis management consultancy Clayton International as its Managing Director, leading to the firm’s acquisition by Control Risks in 2012. During his tenure with Clayton, Armand supervised the company's globally-dispersed team of response consultants as they successfully resolved more than 100 cases of kidnap-for-ransom and extortion.
Armand has over 11 years of experience with the US military and during that time commanded Special Forces teams and a special mission unit within the Joint Special Operations Command. He holds a Bachelor of Science from the United States Military Academy and an MBA from Georgetown University. Armand earned a Governance and Risk Compliance Professional (GRCP) certification in 2015, a Project Management Professional (PMP) certification in 2006, and a Certified Protection Professional (CPP) designation from ASIS in 2007.
The Global Insight