Antonia Karlan is a Principal in Control Risks’ Compliance, Forensics and Intelligence practice, based in New York. She oversees the Legal Technology Project Management Team and focuses on eDiscovery and corporate investigations.
- Cross-border Discovery Consulting & Assistance
- Early Case Assessment
- Technology Assisted Review
Antonia Karlan is a Principal in Control Risks’ Compliance, Forensics and Intelligence practice, based in New York. She oversees the Legal Technology Project Management Team and focuses on eDiscovery and corporate investigations. Antonia has extensive experience advising clients on discovery compliance and best practices, including current data privacy directives, and managing all stages of discovery, particularly in the context of multi-jurisdictional enforcement actions.
Examples of Antonia’s recent work include:
- Consulting on several corporate investigations into corruption and whistleblowing activity in Latin America and responding to multi-jurisdictional regulator requests for data review and productions.
- Managing a multi-million document collection and data production for a six-week, cross-border bankruptcy trial proceeding, including the implementation and use of predictive coding methodology.
- Coordinating document collections, review and production in several foreign jurisdictions in response to financial regulator inquiries into LIBOR trading practices.
Before joining Control Risks, Antonia was a Senior Manager at Mindcrest, overseeing the New York and India legal services teams. Prior to Mindcrest, Antonia worked for Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton's eDiscovery Litigation Group, working with a number of Fortune 100 companies and major financial institution clients in the US and elsewhere.
Antonia is a member of the New York Bar. She graduated from Arizona State University with dual bachelor degrees in Economics and French, and earned a Juris Doctor from George Washington University Law School.