Al Park is a Senior Partner within Control Risks’ Compliance, Forensics, and Intelligence, practice in the Americas region. He is the Practice Leader for the Technology group and is based in Washington, DC.
Al brings extensive experience in assisting Fortune 500 clients and global law firms with challenges in leveraging technology in complex event-driven and regulatory matters. Al advises on matters involving technology related to complex litigation and electronic discovery for the collection, analysis and reporting of electronically stored information (ESI). He has been retained in responding to commercial disputes, leading investigations and responding to regulatory actions.
Examples of Al’s recent work include:
- Retained as an expert in civil and criminal investigations by the US Department of Justice and other governmental civil authorities on behalf of multiple global oil and gas companies.
- Conducted a securities fraud investigation in the market maker and proprietary trading business unit in one of the largest financial fraud schemes involving a multi-billion-dollar investment advisory firm.
- Retained in class action product liability litigation by a global pharmaceutical company to respond to requests for discovery at request of an appointed Special Master.
- Retained by the Audit Committee of a multi-billion-dollar health insurance payer in a whistleblower action.
- Engaged in the defense of a Department of Justice and US General Services Administration audit of a Fortune 250 global office supply company.
Prior to joining Control Risks, Al was a Managing Director at Navigant Consulting, where he was the global leader for data analytics in the legal technology business. Prior to Navigant, Al was the Office Leader for a national technology and application development firm, as well as a Managing Director in the forensic and litigation consulting practice of FTI Consulting.
Al is a member of the American Bar Association and has presented at its Section of Litigation and Corporate Counsel Sub-Committee. He is a member of the National Asian Pacific American Bar Association (NAPABA) and The Data Warehousing Institute (TDWI). Al has a Bachelor of Arts in Government from the University of Virginia.