Al Park is Control Risks’ Global Technology Consulting Leader and is responsible for driving a consistent, firm-wide technology consulting strategy and embedding it within our global businesses. Al leads on supporting the adoption and integration of Control Risks’ technical capabilities across global consulting engagements. He is also a member of Control Risks’ global Technology Approval Board, which manages the prioritization of client-driven innovation ideas, reviewing necessary investments, programs and resources.
Additionally, Al leads complex technology client engagements and streamlines cross-border working practices in order to fully utilize Control Risks’ global technical capabilities.
Al brings an extensive background assisting multi-national clients and global law firms in leveraging technology in complex event-driven and regulatory matters. He advises on technology matters related to complex litigation and electronic discovery for the collection, analysis and reporting of electronically stored information (ESI). Clients have retained Al and his team to respond to commercial disputes, leading investigations and regulatory actions.
Examples of Al’s recent work include:
- Retained as an expert in civil and criminal investigations by the US Department of Justice and other governmental civil authorities on behalf of multiple global oil and gas companies.
- Conducted a securities fraud investigation into on one of the largest financial fraud schemes involving a market maker and proprietary trading business unit at a multi-billion-dollar investment advisory firm.
- Retained by a global pharmaceutical company in class action product liability litigation to respond to requests for discovery at the request of an appointed Special Master.
- Retained by the audit committee of a multi-billion-dollar health insurance payer involved in a whistleblower action.
- Engaged in the defense of a Fortune 250 global office supply company undergoing a Department of Justice and US General Services Administration audit.
Al previously served as the Senior Partner leading the Technology, Americas business, working in Compliance, Forensics and Intelligence.
Prior to joining Control Risks, Al was a Managing Director at Navigant Consulting, where he was the global leader for data analytics in the legal technology business. Prior to Navigant, Al was the Washington DC leader for a national technology and application development firm, as well as a managing director in the forensic and litigation consulting practice of FTI Consulting.
Al is a member of the American Bar Association and has presented at its Section of Litigation and Corporate Counsel Sub-Committee. He is a member of the National Asian Pacific American Bar Association (NAPABA). Al has a Bachelor of Arts in Government from the University of Virginia.