RiskMap Podcast: Venezuela; Power shifts in Southern Africa; The global cyber threat
- South Africa
- Creating a Secure Organisation
- Resolving Critical Issues and Crises
- Delivering Growth and Opportunity
RiskMap Podcast: Venezuela update; Power shifts in Southern Africa; The global cyber threat
The RiskMap Podcast - A conversation about what's happening in the world and what it means for global business.
In this edition:
- Laura Sharkey, an analyst covering the Andean region, provides an update on the crisis in Venezuela and the outlook for businesses operating there as the government of President Nicolas Maduro continues making moves to completely centralize power. [Minute 1:15]
- A series of high profile cyber attacks in recent months have highlighted the significant risks facing global businesses. Nicolas Reyes, Associate Director for Cyber Security, discusses how companies can get ahead of the ever-shifting cyber threat. [Minute 7:58]
- Barnaby Fletcher, an analyst covering Southern Africa, discusses the upcoming presidential election in Angola that will close the 38-year tenure of president José Eduardo dos Santos, South Africa's recent vote to continue the controversial rule of president Jacob Zuma, and how the varying questions around power and leadership throughout the region will impact the business environment. [Minute 16:30]
Since Nicolas Maduro began his controversial second presidential term in January 2019 a political, economic and humanitarian crisis has engulfed Venezuela. Nearly a year on, the business climate continues to deteriorate.
With Brexit still unresolved, and a general election on 12 December, businesses’ operating in the UK are facing an uncertain time. Although the incumbent centre-right Conservative Party has a commanding lead in opinion polls, a Labour-led coalition government is a credible post-election scenario.
The online environment poses a significant threat monitoring challenge for companies when building their security intelligence programmes. How should companies monitor their digital threats?
A series of setbacks for counter-terrorism operations by the G5 Sahel states – Burkina Faso, Chad, Mali, Mauritania and Niger – has exacerbated spiralling insecurity in the Sahel since early 2019.
Companies should take a holistic approach to product recall management, that focuses on managing the risk before, during and after a recall event.