RiskMap Podcast: Venezuela; Power shifts in Southern Africa; The global cyber threat
- South Africa
- Creating a Secure Organisation
- Resolving Critical Issues and Crises
- Delivering Growth and Opportunity
RiskMap Podcast: Venezuela update; Power shifts in Southern Africa; The global cyber threat
The RiskMap Podcast - A conversation about what's happening in the world and what it means for global business.
In this edition:
- Laura Sharkey, an analyst covering the Andean region, provides an update on the crisis in Venezuela and the outlook for businesses operating there as the government of President Nicolas Maduro continues making moves to completely centralize power. [Minute 1:15]
- A series of high profile cyber attacks in recent months have highlighted the significant risks facing global businesses. Nicolas Reyes, Associate Director for Cyber Security, discusses how companies can get ahead of the ever-shifting cyber threat. [Minute 7:58]
- Barnaby Fletcher, an analyst covering Southern Africa, discusses the upcoming presidential election in Angola that will close the 38-year tenure of president José Eduardo dos Santos, South Africa's recent vote to continue the controversial rule of president Jacob Zuma, and how the varying questions around power and leadership throughout the region will impact the business environment. [Minute 16:30]
On 20 November security researchers said that Iran-linked advanced persistent threat (APT) unit APT33 had shifted its targeting focus from espionage and data wiping campaigns to IT networks.
The US Department of Defense (DoD) is implementing a new Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) requirement for all private-sector businesses that work with the DoD.
One of the Top 5 Risks we identified in RiskMap 2020 was the propensity of global leaders to pursue tactical policies not backed by a sound strategy.
With final rules expected in early 2020, John Lash, Principal, Control Risks, discusses transitioning from the CFIUS pilot program to full Foreign Investment Risk Review Modernization Act (FIRMMA) implementation with Financiar Worlwide Magazine and a panel of experts.
A holistic workplace violence prevention program , focused on training and awareness, efficient escalation and targeted response is the best approach to handling crises from a readiness, response, and recovery perspective.