RiskMap Podcast: Venezuela; Power shifts in Southern Africa; The global cyber threat
- South Africa
- Creating a Secure Organisation
- Resolving Critical Issues and Crises
- Delivering Growth and Opportunity
RiskMap Podcast: Venezuela update; Power shifts in Southern Africa; The global cyber threat
The RiskMap Podcast - A conversation about what's happening in the world and what it means for global business.
In this edition:
- Laura Sharkey, an analyst covering the Andean region, provides an update on the crisis in Venezuela and the outlook for businesses operating there as the government of President Nicolas Maduro continues making moves to completely centralize power. [Minute 1:15]
- A series of high profile cyber attacks in recent months have highlighted the significant risks facing global businesses. Nicolas Reyes, Associate Director for Cyber Security, discusses how companies can get ahead of the ever-shifting cyber threat. [Minute 7:58]
- Barnaby Fletcher, an analyst covering Southern Africa, discusses the upcoming presidential election in Angola that will close the 38-year tenure of president José Eduardo dos Santos, South Africa's recent vote to continue the controversial rule of president Jacob Zuma, and how the varying questions around power and leadership throughout the region will impact the business environment. [Minute 16:30]
The largest protests in more than seven years have been taking place every Saturday across central Moscow since 14 July after several opposition candidates were barred from contesting local elections in the city. We examine the outlook for political stability as a result of both these protests and a decline in the popularity of President Vladimir Putin.
On August 11 Guatemala elected Alejandro Giammattei as President. He won the run-off election against former first lady Sandra Torres with almost 58% of the vote. Here’s what you need to know.
We are pleased to release our second quarter report on political violence and violent organised crime incidents around the world.
On August 11, Alejandro Giammattei won Guatemala’s presidential election for the 2020-2024 period. Adriana Thomas discusses the key implications of the elections result.
Recent polls and municipal elections have shown a trend in declining support for President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, and that there may be an alternative future vision of Turkey’s trajectory.