RiskMap Podcast: Venezuela; Power shifts in Southern Africa; The global cyber threat
- South Africa
- Creating a Secure Organisation
- Resolving Critical Issues and Crises
- Delivering Growth and Opportunity
RiskMap Podcast: Venezuela update; Power shifts in Southern Africa; The global cyber threat
The RiskMap Podcast - A conversation about what's happening in the world and what it means for global business.
In this edition:
- Laura Sharkey, an analyst covering the Andean region, provides an update on the crisis in Venezuela and the outlook for businesses operating there as the government of President Nicolas Maduro continues making moves to completely centralize power. [Minute 1:15]
- A series of high profile cyber attacks in recent months have highlighted the significant risks facing global businesses. Nicolas Reyes, Associate Director for Cyber Security, discusses how companies can get ahead of the ever-shifting cyber threat. [Minute 7:58]
- Barnaby Fletcher, an analyst covering Southern Africa, discusses the upcoming presidential election in Angola that will close the 38-year tenure of president José Eduardo dos Santos, South Africa's recent vote to continue the controversial rule of president Jacob Zuma, and how the varying questions around power and leadership throughout the region will impact the business environment. [Minute 16:30]
A bridge to Hong Kong’s centrally planned future? The recent opening of the Hong Kong–Zhuhai–Macau sea bridge is a symbol of Beijing’s plan to draw the disparate pieces of southern China’s US$1.5trillion GDP into an integrated whole.
Aviation security is comprised of a number of interdependencies. Remove, marginalise, or neglect one component and the system falters.
It has been over five years since the start of the GlaxoSmithKline case that rocked the China healthcare industry. At the time, compliance, audit and legal teams were shocked by the prevalence of integrity and corruption issues...
We are pleased to release our fourth quarter report on political violence and violent organised crime incidents around the world. It draws upon the extensive incident mapping data and analysis available within CORE.
Rith Kem and Mason Pan recently joined industry analyst, Ari Kaplan, on his podcast, Reinventing Professionals. They discussed how companies can remediate and strengthen their compliance programs in 2019.