- Zimbabwe: Proposed public-sector cuts point to senior cabinet support for economic reform
- Direct Action: US Arctic drilling protest highlights targeting of support vessels
- Saudi Arabia: Accord with Egypt reflects kingdom’s concerns over Iranian influence as Yemeni Shia group conducts clashes on border
- Burundi: Security situation likely to deteriorate further following killing of prominent general
- Italy: VAT fraud investigation underlines array of organised crime activities, continuing anti-corruption efforts
- South Africa: Opposition leader’s fraud trial unlikely to reduce populist challenge facing ruling party
- Finland: Far-right riots, arrests highlight limited risk of incidental damage; extremist movement remains weak
- Turkey: Attacks on railway lines indicate shift in militant tactics to target transport infrastructure
- Kenya: Progress of efforts to combat corruption to remain slow despite agreement with US government
- Iraq: Terrorism risk in KR remains MEDIUM despite US consulate warning in Erbil
- Malaysia: Prime minister’s removal remains likely as political crisis deepens
- Venezuela: Non-payment risk to continue rising despite commencement of production at country’s biggest gas field
- Venezuela: Supermarket lootings highlight increased likelihood of social unrest in pre-election season
- Brazil: Security concerns to persist despite drop in crime rates in São Paulo state
- United Arab Emirates (UAE): Referral of alleged militants to federal court not indicative of heightened terrorism threat
- Malaysia: Government crackdown on dissent likely to drive protests, continued political instability
Control Risks In The News
Below are links to some of the most recent articles that Control Risks' consultants have contributed to. Click more for the articles in full.
Al-Qaeda Gets a Chance to Try Governing Under Cover of Yemen War
Tuesday, July 21, 2015 - ...of sympathy, said Patricia Letayf, an analyst at research company Control Risks in Dubai. Instead of being stigmatized as a terrorist group,...
Argentinian elections heat up as resource sectors offer country platform for recovery
Friday, July 17, 2015 - ...as the candidate to succeed President [Cristina] Fernandez, Control Risks senior analyst Americas Thomaz Favaro told Mining Weekly Online. Mauricio......
Congo's move to regulate oil sector seen opening door to graft
Friday, July 17, 2015 - ...before the president signs the law. Christoph Wille, Congo analyst at Control Risks, said the code, as well as the general confusion around its......
Traders along Dubai Creek optimistic after Iran deal
Thursday, July 16, 2015 - ...will get better, they said. Henry Smith, associate director at Control Risks, a political risk consultancy, said in a statement on Tuesday that......
Greece Might Have to Go to Elections This Year: Lea
Thursday, July 16, 2015 - Greece Might Have to Go to Elections This Year: Lea Control Risks Senior Analyst for Europe David Lea discusses the Greek bailout package, the......
1 to 5 of 10 results